This Website changed a lot during its development. In a few months I switched styles, technologies, content. Here are some videos and details about each major version.
First Version - August 2014
This first version was awful but at the time it looked amazing to me. I spent many hours on it but the problems where everywhere: a lot of text, nothing interesting and really bad styling overall. But it was a start (and it was responsive).
I also installed a blog powered by WordPress for this first version. I made the theme from scratch and even that theme looked quite good to me but not as good as the main website.
What I used for the first version
Second Version - January 2015
In the time between the first and this version I learnt a lot of things and overall improved my web-related skills. I decided it was time to remake the website, from scratch. The one I had at the time was not something I was proud of and it didn’t look so good now.
I tried to make it look more fresh and clean: I decided to drop most of the text and instead add 3 lists that told what I was capable of doing. But still it wasn’t perfect! The lists were a bit “off” and I didn’t like the last block with links to other stuff. It was also lacking a blog.
What I used for the second version
- Sass + Bourbon.io
- SVG Icons
Third Version - March 2015
This is the current version of the Website, right now it looks good to me. But every now and then I find a few things to tweak and fix. I replaced the list with a showcase of the projects I worked on. I think that (at least on my website) what I worked on is more important than what I know. I also spent a few time focusing on typhograpy.
I rebuilt the Blog from scratch this time using Jekyll. For a simple blog it is easier,faster and better than Wordpress. I also integrated a preview of my latest post in the Home Page!
What I used for the third version
- Sass + Bourbon.io
- Jekyll + Github Pages
What it’s missing
- A Resume
- A Contact Form